Frequently asked questions and answers

In our FAQ you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about UnitPlus and investing in general.

Do I have to pay taxes on my investment?

Yes, if you earn income from your stock gains and/or dividends , you will be taxed at 25% (plus solidarity contribution and church tax, if applicable).

HOWEVER: the German government has granted us tax relief on capital gains, the so-called “Steuerfreibetrag” (or tax allowance) , where you pay no tax up to revenues of 1,000 EUR (for individuals, 2,000 EUR for married couples).

It is, therefore, worthwhile to set this up with UnitPlus so that you can benefit from the tax relief. Generally, taxes are automatically withdrawn by UnitPlus – so you don’t have to worry about doing anything wrong here.

Was this answer helpful?

You have futher questions that are not answered here?
Then write to us at: